- "Us", "We", "Our" and "Qynn" is Qynn Limited (Company Registration No. 11057060), the data controller of your personal data and is subject to General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") and any locally applicable data protection laws in the UK.
- "You", "Your", "Yours" means you, the data subject.
- "Minors" means young adults and children under the age of 18.
- "Services" means products and features sold by Qynn.
2. Our services
Qynn is an online financial intelligence platform, offering a number of services to business users. Our aim is simple; to democratise corporate data and provide relational, geographical and transactional data that builds insight and intelligence on a micro and macroeconomic basis.
2.1 Third Party Services
We do not link to any third-party services, nor do we sell or pass on your data to other third-party services.
2.2 Our data set
In order for us to provide this service, we are required to collect, process, and store data on companies and their historical conduct. This data comprises of information on a corporate level such as company name, company address, financial accounts, and information on an individual basis such as directors, people of significant control and shareholders.
3. Personal data and how we collect it
We only collect limited personal data when you register to use our services, none of which can be used to identify you through PII (Personal Identifiable Information) or SPI (Sensitive Personal Information) checks. This data will only be provided by you.
Qynn does not collect "special category data" as defined by GDPR. Examples would include information relating to your religious or political beliefs or your ethnicity.
You cannot use our services if you are under 18. We therefore do not collect any data on Minors.
The following table outlines the types of data we do collect and provides an illustration of when this data is collected:
|Type of personal data
||This comprises of data used to directly identify you and is limited to your first and last name only.
||This consists of data used to contact you and is limited to your email address only.
||This data will be provided by you when purchasing our products such as your credit/debit card and/or bank account details. Qynn will not store your full credit/debit card details in its database (this is handled by our payment processor) and we are fully PCI (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) accredited.
||Details about payments to and from Qynn and information on products and services you may have purchased and vouchers or coupons you may have used during your purchase.
||Details on the software, devices and technology you used when accessing Qynn's platform or website such as your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version.
||This consists of data on how you use Qynn's website, products and services.
||This is limited only to the consent you give us which allows us to contact you about our product and services. This will only be by email and you have to opt-in to receive marketing communications from us. We will never email you without your permission.
3.1 How do we collect your personal data?
Qynn collects your data when:
3.1.1 Provided by You
Qynn will collect and store information provided by you, such as:
- When registering to use Qynn
- Subscribing to our newsletters via the log-in or sign-up pages
- Updating your account information
- When purchasing a product or service
- When logging a support enquiry
- Referring a friend
The personal data you provide may be personally identifiable but does not fall under the sensitive data category as defined by GDPR (see section 4.3).
We try to keep all requests to a minimum and when signing up to use Qynn, you need only provide your first and last name and a valid email address to use Qynn. That said, there are other times when using our site that we may ask for any of the following information:
- Your name including first name(s) and surname
- Your email address
- Your home or business address
- Your telephone number
- Third party social profiles such as Facebook and Twitter
- Debit or Credit Card details including the name displayed across your card
3.1.2 As you use our products and services
When you use Qynn, we will automatically collect information about your browser, internet and device. We do this to improve our products and services. This data cannot be used to directly identify you, such as:
- How you used our service, such as your navigation history
- Information on your device type including browser programme, operating system and settings
- Device language, the date and time of your requests and referral pages
- Your IP address (this is not directly identifiable but may be indirectly)
3.1.3 From outside organisations and publicly available sources
In order for Qynn to provide our Services, it is required to collect and aggregate publicly available data from a number of sources that include commercial and personal data. This includes sources such as “Companies House” and outside organisations such as “The Gazette”. In addition, we collect data from Google Analytics which includes website usage data.
4. Data Storage
4.1 How do we store your data?
Qynn utilises the latest encryption and storage techniques to protect your personal data. Our data centre is provided by Amazon Web Services (AWS) and is subject to their rigorous security checks; both physical and virtual.
4.2 How long is your data stored for?
We respect your privacy and your data. We will store your personal data for only as long as we have a Lawful Basis to do so.
4.3 Lawful basis for processing your personal data
Depending on the specific purpose in which we process your personal data, we may process your personal data in accordance with more than one lawful basis.
Signing up to become a customer
- To deliver our products and services
- The purchasing of licences
- To maintain our relationship with you
- To communicate with you on our Services
- To provide you with support
To improve our website, products and Services
- Testing new products and services
- Asking for your suggestions or feedback
- Asking you to complete a survey
Legitimate interests (how do customers use our products and how can we improve our product offering)
The provision of economic intelligence
- Financial intelligence on the economic climate
- Relational data to support Credit Limits and/or due diligence
- Corporate reports
- Credit checking facility through Qynn Score
Legitimate interests (providing Services that are in the public's interest, aiding growth, complying with legal obligations,
protect them against fraud, reducing financial risks by having comprehensive information on individuals & corporate entities
and to view/determine local, regional and national economic data)
4.4 How we share you personal data
We will only share your data when asked of us by official, judicial bodies (ie: law enforcement agencies). We will not share your data under any other circumstance.
5. Your rights
5.1 Your rights under data protection laws, in relation to your personal data are:
- Right of access to your personal data through a "data subject access request". This right entitles you to receive a copy of the personal data which we store about you and details on how we are processing it.
- Right to rectification entitles you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected. It is important to note that before we make any amendments to your personal data, we may need to verify the accuracy of any new information you provide us.
- Right to erasure of your personal data or commonly known as "the right to be forgotten". This right entitles you to request to delete or remove your personal data, where there is no lawful basis for us to continue to process it. You also have the right to request to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing, where we may have processed your information unlawfully, or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. We may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific reasons which will be notified to you at the time of your request.
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data. This right entitles you to object if you feel our processing of your personal data affects your fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your personal data which override your rights and freedoms. You have an absolute right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
5.2 Right to restrict processing of your personal data. This right entitles you to suspend or restrict the processing of your personal data in the following circumstances:
- You want us to establish the data's accuracy
- Where we are unlawfully processing your personal data and you do not want us to erase it
- Where you need us to hold the data, even if we are no longer processing it, as you need it to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
- You have objected to our processing of your personal data, but we need to establish whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to process it.
- Right to data portability of your personal data. This right entitles you to request to have your personal data transferred to you or to a third party you have chosen. We will provide the personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. This right only applies to personal data which you initially provided consent or where we processed the information to perform a contract with you.
- Right to withdraw consent at any time to the processing of your personal data, where we are relying on consent as our lawful basis. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will inform you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- If you wish to exercise any of your rights mentioned above, please contact Qynn (see section 6).
5.3 Updating your personal data
You have the right to amend any personal data Qynn has about you that you think is incorrect or incomplete. We'll take the necessary steps to verify any incorrect data and correct it where possible.
5.4 If you choose not to give your personal data
Should you choose to not provide your personal data to Qynn, we will not be able to provide our Services to you. If you are concerned about this, please do not use our Services.
We will only send you marketing information if you have provided us with your consent to do so. Where you have granted consent;
- Qynn may send you marketing materials about products and services it provides which it believes may be of interest to you or,
- information in the form of alerts, surveys, newsletters and invitations to events or functions which it believes might be of interest to you or in order to update you with information you have requested.
Qynn will only communicate with you digitally, via email and you can withdraw your consent at any time.
7. Frequently Asked Questions
This section provides answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding your privacy and personal data.
7.1 What personal data does Qynn have about me?
Personal data is collected via two methods:
- Through the data you provide us with
- If you are connected to a legal entity such as a public company, we will store personal data about you in relation to that legal entity such as company director and shareholder information.
7.2 I haven't given my consent or permission for Qynn to process my personal data
Qynn processes a portion of your personal data based on your explicit consent. You give us your consent when we ask for personal data such as your name and you provide this to us usually through an online form.
Qynn processes other personal data based on our legitimate interest, that is to provide our Services and products in the public's interest which help them meet with compliance and legal obligations, protect them against fraud, reduce financial risks by having comprehensive information on individuals and corporate entities and to view/determine local, regional and national economic data.
7.3 According to the GDPR, when does my right to erasure not apply?
Your right to erasure does not apply if processing is necessary for one of the following reasons:
- To exercise the right of freedom of expression and information
- To comply with a legal obligation
- For the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority
- For archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific research historical research or statistical purposes where erasure is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of that processing
- For the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
7.4 I want you to erase all personal data you have about me
- Qynn will erase personal data that you have explicitly consented, that is personal data that you have provided to us. You may withdraw your consent at any time. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact us (see section 6).
- Where your personal data has been obtained as part of a public record or from the public domain, Qynn will not erase your data. Most commonly, this is from official company records (ie: Companies House, which is a matter for public record). If you would like to remove your details from this, please contact your local company registry for more information.